OK guys…here you go. All the stuff you need to know.
- Go here for itinerary update.
- Go here for Final Cost.
- Go here for online version of Mr. Wood’s repeat photography essay.
- Go here for links to Eyes on the Prize youtube movies. Series website.
- Go here for the Selma, Alabama weather report.
- Go here for German oompa music.
Guys the best thing you can do to get ready for this journey…is to read. Watch Eyes on the Prize video series. I’ve provided you tube links to reasonable copies of the segments. You can watch them online. I have dvd’s that you may borrow. Watch these things. Eyes on the Prize is the Bible when it comes to the Civil Rights Movement. The following are must sees:
- Segment #1 / Awakenings – includes the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
- Segment #4 / No Easy Walk – includes Birmingham.
- Segment #6 / Bridge to Freedom – covers the Selma movement.
We will meet at 6:00 PM Tuesday night – parents included to wrap up all odds-n-ends. It won’t take more than one hour. We will meet at 3:00 PM Wednesday and watch the Selma segment of Eyes on the Prize. We will leave at 4:00 PM on Thursday after school for Chi-town. By Friday morning we’ll be sitting in the sunshine in Birmingham, Alabama. Looks like sunny and 60 for the Jubilee. Let me know if you have questions.