In Economics we will look at three significant social programs in the United States. These are the main components of the social safety net for American citizens. Medicare and Social Security are entitlements, meaning every American citizen qualifies. Medicaid is a needs based program accessibly by the poor and elderly. Obamacare has widened accessibility to health care both for Medicare and Medicaid recipients.
We will address each of the above programs with Youtube videos. We will test on each of the following upon return from Christmas Break. Test will be open notes – so take good notes.
- Mr Wood’s audio podcasts
- Public Interest and Public Policy
- Market Failures and Public Goods
- Lobbyists & Special Interest Groups
- Social Security
- On-line blackboard video podcasts
- Social Security Intro Khan Academy
- FICA tax – Khan AcademySocial Security “It pays to wait”
- Medicare – a timeline
- Medicare made simple
- Medicare vs Medicaid
- Medicaid and Medicare and Obamacare – Khan Academy