- College Talk #3 – Scholarships and THE Letter
- Assignment– this time we turn in the hard copy for a grade
- College Cost Podcast #10 – First Test for College Hopefuls?
- Go here for NPR’s Rising Cost of Room and Board.
- Go here to access scholarship loan calculator.
- University of Michigan financial aid package – UM Letter
- Grand Valley State University financial aid package – GVSU Letter
- Go here for Scholarship Tips movie by OHS students c/o 2010
- Go here for Scholarship movie on Muskegon Community Foundation.
- Go here for OHS Building A Better World Scholarship information.
- Go here for podcasts on College Funding and YOU.
EXTRA CREDIT ASSIGNMENT – Go here for Talk with Mom & Dad – due Friday May 29.
OK – so we looked at going to college. And we looked at paying for college. Now lets bring in some real life comparisons and see what this means for you in dollars and cents. Take a look at the posts and and the assignment above. Picture yourself five, ten years down the road and try to envision you doing what it is that you dream of doing, for a good wage, or you working on your tenth year as an Applebea’s waitress. Think of the repercussions for you, your family, and your kids. Believe me – the differences are stark.