- If you choose to do this assignment it must be posted by 8:00 PM EST (Eastern Time Zone Poll Closing) on Tuesday Nov 4.
- You may earn up to 35 pts extra credit (3 pts per state) 5 pts for all ten, for a superior effort.
This blog assignment is simple but challenging. The outcome of the 2008 presidential election will come down to the vote in ten crucial swing states. The New York Times has covered each of these states independently. If you read these summaries you will understand Tuesday night’s Electoral results so much better.
In order to earn the extra credit you must do the following:
- Read each separate state summary
- Post (in your own words) your evaluation of the situation in that particular state as reported by the Times. In your summary tell me what you see as the most significant issues brought up in the article. Add your own thoughts and opinions into the summary.
- Come up with a snappy headline in quotes, something that captures the win like “Obama lassos McCain in Montana.”
- Finally choose which candidate (Obama or McCain) will take that state. (your choice has NO bearing on your grade)
When posting do so in the following manner –
- Note the name of the state – IE – MICHIGAN
- Note the number of electoral votes – IE – 17
- Identify who you think will win the state – IE – TYLER DARNELL
- Write your snappy headline in quotes
- Write your summary
- Skip a line or two before the next one.