- This Extra Credit Assignment is worth up to twenty points.
- This Extra Credit Assignment must be posted by 7:00 PM on Saturday November 15.
The New York Times has provided a fascinating look at the final polling numbers of the voters on November 4. Click here to take a good long look at this report. There are soooooo many comparisons.
In order to earn extra credit here you must do the following:
- Take a long look at all the numbers as they landed on 2008.
- Take a long look at the changes for those numbers from 1976.
- Choose five specific graphs (the ones you see as most significant)
- Identify the graph by topic (ie. Age, Race, Family Status)
- Identify the graph by percentage breakdown (totals for each)
- Then take your one graph and do a thorough evaluation of the numbers, the history of this segment of the electorate, and why you think the numbers posted as they did.
- Repeat this four more times – five separate segment evaluations.
It might be best if you looked at this post with a friend. That way you could compare thoughts and come to mutual conclusions. Make sure however, that your post is yours and in your own words. Good luck on this one…I think you’ll find it rather interesting.