Beginning this Marking Period II, I expect all Economics and Government classes to bring their reflection books to class. These journals will be used for in-class assignments approximately two to three times a week. Their usage will be unannounced, however if you don’t have your reflections book with you on the day we have an assignment, you’ll receive a zero on Reflections for that day.
Reflections Purpose and Process below…
- Purpose of “Reflections” – to think, and to reflect in journals. To use those reflections as a basis of discussion.
- Announcement of “Reflections” – a white board hanging daily outside my door will announce which classes are assigned reflection for the day.
- Direction of “Reflections” – A statement will be up on the white board, or I will issue one orally at the beginning of class.
- Process of “Reflections” – I’ll provide parameters, you provide the insight. Simple…think and reflect. Ten minutes max.
- Grading of Reflections – five points if you bring it and you write. Zero if you don’t. I’ll pull three journal random at the end of the process and grade them for effort (twenty point assignment). Journaling totals will consist of a accumulated 100 point Homework grade at the end of each Marking Period. You will not be allowed a pass or a tardy to go get your journal…so don’t forget it.
- “Reflection” Follow Up – we may just put our pens away and move on. Or we may talk about your ideas. Depends on time for me and inspiration by you.
- Final Thoughts – Is for you to think three dimensionally – and for us to talk about them.